WHAT TO EXPECT
Seeing an Ophthalmologist (eye surgeon) for the first time can be a daunting experience, but we would like to make it as easy as possible. These are all the things you need to know when preparing for your first Ophthalmology appointment at Dr Boitumelo Khantsi’s offices in Midrand, Johannesburg and Pretoria.
- There will be paperwork for you to complete before your appointment, so please ensure that you arrive at least 10 minutes before your appointment starts.
- The duration of your appointment may vary. A standard consultation may last no more than 20 minutes, but more complicated testing and treatments may take up to 1.5 hours.
- Your eyes may require dilation during the consultation. We advise arranging for someone to drive you home as this may make your vision blurry for a short period following your consultation.
- If you wear contact lenses, please bring along your contact lens case as you may need to remove the lenses during the consultation.
- Children may require multiple follow up appointments after the initial consultation.
If you have any questions or concerns about your appointment, please do not hesitate to contact our Midrand or Pretoria offices. Our patients are our priority, so we want you to feel as comfortable and prepared as possible.
At Dr Boitumelo Khantsi’s offices in Midrand, Johannesburg and Pretoria Eye Institute, we pride ourselves on being accessible to as many patients as possible.
To this end, We accept all medical aid schemes. Specific medical aid schemes may require you to obtain a referral from your General Practitioner, so please check with your provider.